Deciding whether to hire a professional tree service company can be a big decision for some people. You might be tempted to try and do the job yourself, after all, how hard could it be, right?
We would urge you to consider a few things first before going down the “do it yourself route” which can be very tempting for many people as they believe they can save a bit of money and avoid the hassle of dealing with a contractor.
Things to consider.
– Tree removal can be very dangerous in certain circumstances, you’re working at heights, you’re using dangerous equipment such as chainsaws and you’ve got potentially large heavy objects (branches and tree trunks) falling uncontrollably at sometimes unpredictable moments, all whilst having virtually zero tree removal experience or knowledge, what could possibly go wrong? Falls and injuries can be a big enough hazard for trained professionals, let alone beginners who’ve only watched a few youtube videos for guidance – is it really worth the risk?
– “Do it yourself” tree removal, or tree lopping, aside from being dangerous can also be very expensive if something goes wrong. A stray branch falling in a direction you didn’t expect could be thousands of dollars in repairs to your house, your neighbours house or your car. Worse still, a trunk falling in the wrong direction can cause serious damage to whatever happens to be in the way and by the time you realise its falling there’s nothing you can do about it.
– You also need to consider that tree removal requires specialised and in some cases expensive equipment, (unless you’d prefer to swing an axe all day) which you’ll need to research and then purchase and which you’ll probably never use again.
– Also consider the time factor. You may spend a whole weekend or longer trying to remove this tree, whereas a trained arborist could have it gone within a few hours. Sure, you might save a few bucks, but also consider what your time is worth and if its worth spending on trying to remove a tree.
– Lets not also forget about the waste. You might successfully cut this tree down but don’t celebrate too early, what do you do with all the branches, the trunk and all off cuts? Worse still, how do you remove the trunk, and what do you do with it when you get it out? You could try cutting it all up into smaller pieces (a few more hours of work) and spend the next 3 months stuffing it into your green waste recycling bin, or you can get a professional to just take it all away on the spot.
Its for these reasons (and many more) that many Canberra residents will happily reach out to Tree Removal Canberra to handle all their tree removal and tree service problems, and you can to, ask us for a free quote today!